2016-07-24 | 1733 Print PDF
Since the advent of the information technology, the Internet had been a valuable commodity to most people. Where, they find ways on how to earn more money even without having to spend more capital on building a business.
Nowadays, many business people are realizing the importance of email marketing. Through emails, an online business can market their product directly to their customers; and what better way to do this effectively if not with opt in email marketing for list building.
You May also Want To Read: Email marketing Strategy
Generally, the main purpose of email marketing is to reach their target audience as quickly and as direct as possible. They need to reach their target market so as to promote their products and services that would benefit their customers.
However, some businesses use email marketing in order to maintain their contact and relationship with their customers.
The reason why email marketing has grown in such unprecedented rate is based on the fact that people in the virtual community are always hungry for information. They subscribe to information that they are interested in.
On the other hand, not all people are willing to subscribe to such information. They may be interested on your products once but may no longer be interested to buy again. Moreover, when you continue to send those emails that do not have their permissions, you can be accused of spamming.
Today, spamming is a serious offense especially in the world of information technology. Because the Internet is such a wild place, most authorities regard the privacy of each person as valuable and they continue to uphold this thinking even on the Internet.
With this, the creation of opt in list had gained tremendous acceptance. Because of its viability and feasibility to most online businesses, a lot of people have realized how important opt in lists are in email marketing.
Basically, opt in list refers to the list of email addresses of people who have agreed to subscribe to your mailing list. In this way, you can freely send emails that entail promotions, brochures, new product announcements, and every aspect of your marketing campaign.
When you build an opt in list, you do not only increase the probability of being successful in email marketing but also boost your sales and profits as well. This is because building an opt in list will give you the chance to stay in contact with your customers by getting their email address.
In this manner, you can continue to promote your products and services in which they are interested in because they have opted to subscribe in your mailing list. Hence, whatever it is that you feed them, chances are, they will most likely respond positively.
In reality, building an opt in list is actually letting the people realize the charisma and magic of email marketing. In this way, spams will be avoided, if not eliminated, and will not ruin the positive image of email marketing.
With spamming, email marketing becomes a disgraceful activity on the Internet. But with opt in list, online businesses can continue to boost their businesses through email marketing without having to worry about being accused of spamming.
In building opt in list, there are two types to be considered. The first one is the single opt-in and the other one is the double opt-in or the confirmed opt-in.
In building single opt-in list, online businesses would simply use a “sign-up tag” in their web sites so that every time a person visits their website, he or she can opt to subscribe in the business’ email list.
On the other hand, a confirmed opt-in list or double opt-in entails a confirmation message after the customer had subscribed to the particular web site’s email list.
Usually, the confirmation takes place by replying on a system-generated message that asks for a confirmation of the subscription or by clicking on a link that entails the confirmation of the customer.
Whatever type of opt in list you would prefer, each has its own pros and cons when it comes to email marketing. But nevertheless, both are designed to give your online business the best solution possible in order to generate emails and permissions without having to get into trouble.
Indeed, email marketing is such a profitable business in the Internet. But it would not be complete and will never succeed without the help of the opt-in lists. These two must always go hand-in-hand in order to be successful in the virtual world of Internet marketing.
You may also like: Local Email Marketing Services
This gaining popularity of building opt-in mailing list is known as Permission Email Marketing.
There are do’s and don’ts in starting your opt-in mailing list. Here are some of the most important tips worth mentioning:
1. Put a subscription form prominently on your website. You can create your own subscription form using a software Sign-Up to’s form builder.
2. Inform people that they can subscribe to your email list on the signature of your normal work emails. This will enable it to link straight through the form on your website.
3. Ask people permission if they do want to be subscribed on your mailing list. As much as possible avoid being suspected for SPAM.
4. Open options for subscription especially during your interactions with them. Always be ready with your subscription cards if you run in on events.
5. Be clear on how people can benefit from subscribing and how often will you contact them. Make them know exactly what they will be receiving.
6. If you can, contact new subscriber as soon as you can. Welcome them with notes and tell them what to expect.
1. Add everyone who has ever emailed you to your list. Always ask permission first.
2. Purchase lists that you are not 100% sure that are opt-in. Always have an evidence to prove the legitimacy of the opt-ins.
3. Abuse people’s trust. This is a sure way to ruin your brand and you. Soon enough they will ignore your messages.
Building your opt-in mailing list is cheaper than in sending direct mails. Printing, envelopes and paper used as material further add up to the cost.
Here are some ways to effectively start your opt-in mailing list:
1. Free Newsletter. One of the most effective ways to build an opt-in list is to offer your online visitors freebies of value such as newsletter which will contain information that they can relate to such as tips, tools, recipes, travel itineraries and others.
2. Make it Easy to Subscribe. Provide easy steps for subscription so that subscribers may find it easy to do so and would not be discourage. For more subscribers, tell them the exact benefits they can get out of the subscription.
3. Quality Content. Be sure that what is written inside the newsletter, freebies and information found in your website are all of value to increase visitors dropping by your website.
4. Forums. Discussion boards and forums are all over the net. Try to actively participate in these boards especially those in the line of your interest or your business. Try to build your reputation with credibility.
5. Write articles. This makes you an instant expert in your chosen field of interest. You just have to play on it and use it well in your business goal.
6. Co-registration. A very effective way to build a monster list in a very short time.
7. Write an e-book. An excellent freebie for those who visited and subscribe in your mailing list. The e-book does not have to be expensively made or elaborate but it can be a compilation or a collection of best articles, business tips and resources.
In building opt-in mailing lists always keep in mind to offer something of value to your prospects. Remember opt-in lists are the foundations of most profitable internet business so do not miss chances for improvement and developing new strategies.
Having an opt-in list is not easy, it is hardwork but with some relieving advantages too. But to build an opt-in mail list has to be focused and effective in truly capturing the desired target.
Take a look at these 10 Quick Easy Steps to Building A Highly Targeted and Responsive Opt-in List.
1. Choose your target market or niche. Remember you are not the only one competing in internet marketing; you have to be sure who your internet marketing is.
2. Be sure that you can reach your target audience online.
3. Do not waste on time on a non-profit investment or spending. Always monitor your spending.
4. Forums and discussion boards are available for maximum use. Find your target market problems.
5. Identify what is keeping your customers from getting what they want and help them get it.
6. Try offering your viewers solving some of their problems.
7. Set up a simple direct response mini-site.
8. Get an auto-responder account. It is important for you to acquire and set this thing up because this is where your visitors will come.
9. Bait your potential customers through giveaways like: ebooks, special reports, mini courses and coupons, etc.
10. Reach out in any way you can to your target market.
Opt-in building is a tedious work but with amazing results. The process of building it takes time and effort but persists. Always treat your “find” as a goldmine so that you will offer them the best deals in the market, those with great quality and value. Doing all these, would earn you credibility and a profitable business on the Internet.
Recommended: Email Marketing vs Social Media Marketing